Sponsored Links :
Things To Do In San Antonio Texas
San Antonio is among the best tourist attractions in Texas, United States. It offers a variety of things to see and experience and is certainly worth a visit for all those planning to travel to the US. Tours, shopping, dining, relaxing, visit to popular historic sites, and enjoying recreational activities are some of the many things that you can do in this city.
Sites that are most popular with tourists for these activities include Alamo, Buckhorn Saloon and Museum, Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center, IMAX Theater in downtown River Center Mall, Japanese Tea Gardens, Kiddie Park, King William Historic Area, La Villita, Natural Bridge Caverns, El Mercado (Market Square), San Antonio Botanical Garden, Serengeti Resort, San Antonio Zoo, and the Missions National Historic Park.
The most popular among all these sites is ‘The Alamo’, a magnificent 4.2 acre complex, frequented by nearly 2.5 million visitors each year. It features variety of exhibits related to the rich history of San Antonio. Buckhorn Saloon and Museum, on other hand, is known worldwide for its traditional ambience and an authentic lunch. If you are a cultural art lover, the best thing for you to do in the city is to visit the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center, which hosts several annual and seasonal festivals and exhibitions, like the Tejano Conjunto Festival en San Antonio, the Inter-American Book Fair & Literary Festival, the San Antonio Cine-festival, Hecho-a-Mano Market of hand-made fine arts and crafts, Guadalupe Dance Company productions, and many more.
Other things that can be done and enjoyed in the city include:
- Experiencing San Antonio’s rich history of Texan Independence at the IMAX Theater.
- Relaxing in the serene Japanese Tea Gardens, while enjoying the breathtaking views of waterfalls, pools, and meandering pebble walkways.
- Enjoying with kids at the Kiddie Park, featuring a lovely Herschell-Spillman Carousel with 2 chariots and thirty six jumping horses.
- Exploring the history of the city by touring the King William Historic Area located at Alamo Street.
- Shopping at La Villita and El Mercado Market Square.
- Enjoying recreational activities, like trekking, hiking, wildlife viewing, etc. at the Natural Bridge Caverns, Botanical Garden, San Antonio Zoo, National Historic Park, and the Serengeti Resort.
More Articles :
|North America Tourist Attractions :